Have you been thinking about taking on a home renovation project? While it might seem like a relatively easy task, there is a ton of work that goes into renovating a home. You have to consider all of the components of your home like coming up with a design, the demolish, carpentry and more in order to come up with a concrete idea of where to start home renovation. How to plan home renovation project requires a specific order to finish it successfully. This includes the following
- Decide how much money you are wanting to spend on a renovation.
- Learn how much insurance coverage is needed for a home renovation.
- Acquire the proper renovation permits.
- Buy the materials and supplies you will need.
- After all of those things, you can start the demolition process.
- You will want to install all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, insulation, and, drywall.
- Painting and fine carpentry can be completed once pipes and systems are installed.
- After painting, you can install your floors.
- Lastly, you can add new fixtures and other accessories for your renovated home.
All of this can be a lot for homeowners to take on their own, which is why having the assistance of home renovation contractors is key. They will be able to help you with the project or take on the responsibility all on their own.
Home Renovations Ideas
When it comes to renovating, the whole idea is to repair or update the look of the home you have recently bought or are living in. There are many ways you can go about restoring old components in your home to give it a fresher, more modern appearance.
- Wall Paper Removal: This can include removing outdated wallpaper with newer wallpaper, or painting the walls.
- Replace Tile Floors: If you have big tiles on your floor, you can update the look by replacing it with smaller tile or even other floor options like wood.
- Paint Cabinets: In your kitchen or bathroom, redoing the paint on the cabinets can do wonders.
- Add Carpentry: This can include installing molding, bookcases, shelves, and more.
- More Light: If the space in your home is dark and uninviting, you can add more light with paint and windows.
- New Front Door: Nothing is more inviting than having a front door that is updated.
- Install Landscaping: Plants and shrubbery can really highlight a home and make it more welcoming.
- Replace Light Fixtures: If you have outdated lighting fixtures, that can easily be fixed by swapping them out with some new ones.
There is so much you can do to the inside and outside of your home when you are renovating it. It will all depend on what needs to be fixed, restored, or replaced.
Home Renovation Vs Buying New Home
A lot of people who think about renovating their homes do it because they want their home to look different. There aren’t pleased with the way it looks anymore, so they want to restore, repair or replace the areas that they don’t necessarily love. Then there is another route that people take when they are no longer happy with their homes–they move. But which one is better? A home renovation or buying a new home? When considering renovating or buying a new home, there are many considerations that need to be weighed. Both are a commitment, but one will be better suited depending on the circumstances.
Do you still love your neighborhood, neighbors, and local schools? Are you wanting more space? If so, renovating might not be a bad idea! You can always turn bigger closets into extra rooms and you can update the things that you don’t like to fall in love with your home all over again. However, you also need to think about the cost of a renovation, how long it’s going to take, is it a good investment, and are the number of updates you want to do appropriate for the neighborhood you are in. Sometimes, it is in the best interest of the homeowner to move than to renovate, but talking to a professional can help you a decision that will work for you and your family.
What Is the Difference Between a Renovation and Remodel?
When we hear the words “renovation” and “remodel” we tend to think they are the same thing. In reality, both renovation and remodeling are completely different. Sure both of them aim to improve your residential property, but they improve it in different ways. A renovation is when you improve the look of a home by repairing, restoring, or replacing various things in your home. Remodeling, on the other hand, requires changing the whole appearance of your home knocking down walls, removing rooms, or adding rooms. The end result is that your home will be different, but one is more intensive than the other. If you want to add on to your home or want to make your rooms bigger, that is going to require remodeling. If you are looking to update lighting or update the color of the walls in your home, all that takes is a little bit of renovation. Remodeling is good when you want to add a bit more value to your home and renovation is good when you want to improve worn down components in a home.
What Are the Steps To Remodeling a House?
If you are wanting to remodel your home, you need to have some ideas of what you want. A remodel of a home is a big investment, so it’s important you know what you want when you speak to a contractor. This will include knowing how much bigger you want your home to be, what the style will be, and what you are able to afford. Many people ask, “How can I remodel for cheap?” and the answer is doing it one room at a time or saving on the cost of materials. You can always remodel a bathroom or your kitchen and then renovate your home by adding new paint or electrical central heating. Of course, it is all up to you and what you can afford, so if you are interested in remodeling or renovating your home, call Validated Construction at 877-736-2783 to speak with a general contractor in Oklahoma City, OK.