Is a Metal Roof Worth it?
Are you interested in a metal roof for your home? Have you heard the horror stories about them being loud or overpriced? Before you turn away from a residential metal roof, talk to a licensed roofer about the benefits of this roofing structure. Because while there may be some drawbacks, there are more than enough advantages to make up for that. Like any other roofing type, metal roofing has its pros and cons. If you are wanting metal roofing in Oklahoma City, OK, then you need to speak with Validated Construction. Contact us at 877-736-2783 to learn more about our roofing services.
Metal Roof vs Asphalt Roofing
When deciding between a metal roof and an asphalt shingle roof, there are a lot of things to consider. Metal roofing is so sought after because of how durable it is. Unlike asphalt shingles, metal roofing can withstand heavy impacts, high winds, and more. And unlike asphalt shingles, metal roofing can provide insurance benefits for homeowners. But before you decide to drop all that cash on this roof, you need to consider the pros and cons of this roofing type. While a metal roof can withstand harder impacts, so can impact resistant shingles. Understanding what is best for your roof and your home will help you decide on which roofing structure to install. Talk with a licensed roofer in your area, like anyone from Validated Construction, about metal roofing in Oklahoma City, OK. They can provide you the answers you need to make your decision.
Metal Roof Benefits
A metal roof installation has many benefits for homeowners. Even though the initial cost may be high, there are many long term financial benefits you will see. This type of roofing is so sought after because of how durable it is.
- Longevity: The biggest difference between metal and shingle roofing is longevity. A metal roof, when installed correctly, will last upwards of 70 years and longer. Plus, they will usually have a warranty for about 50 years, in case any extensive damage does occur.
- Fire Resistance: This roofing type is great because it is fire resistant. If you live in an area that is prone to wildfires, metal roofing would be a great investment for your home. Since it is less likely to catch fire, a metal roof can also provide insurance benefits.
- Energy Efficient: Where asphalt shingles absorb heat, metal roofing does not. Because of that, a metal roof will keep your home cooler in the summer months. And with insulation that is also installed, your home will stay warmer in the summer months. This will help allow your heating and cooling system to work more efficiently year after year.
- Increased Property Value: Since metal roofing looks so good and lasts longer, you will see an increased property value on your home. And you’ll more than likely have a much better chance to sell your home later on, should you want that.
- Environmentally Friendly: Most metal roofing is not only made from recycled materials, but it can also be recycled again once it is no longer being used for roofing. And, since metal helps your home become more energy efficient, your AC and heater are using less energy to do the same job. That produces less heat and emissions year round.
As mentioned, you can also see insurance benefits with a metal roof installation. That is not just for residential roofing, either. Metal roofing for barns can also see insurance and even tax benefits as well. That is because of how durable and resistant metal is. A good metal roof will be zinc-coated, which will help make it resistant to water damage and corrosion. Ultimately, though, a good roof, metal or not, comes down to the installation, like good farm fencing. Without that good installation, you will experience serious problems and potential damages. For quality metal roofing in Oklahoma City, OK, rely on Validated Construction.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the disadvantages of a metal roof?
- One of the biggest disadvantages of a metal roof is the cost. For many homeowners, the initial cost for installation is just too high and out of reach. Outside of that, incorrect installations create a whole host of expensive problems and damages.
- How much does it cost to put on a metal roof?
- Depending on the type of metal chosen and the size of your home, a metal roof installation can cost between $14,500 and $19,500. For the average-sized home, it can cost about $17,000 in total.
- Can you walk on a metal roof without damaging it?
- You actually can walk on metal roofing without damaging it. During installation, talk with your roofing contractor about what shoes you can wear when standing on the roof. If you can’t do that, check with the manufacturer for more information.
- Are metal roofs noisy?
- No, metal roofing is not louder than a traditional asphalt shingle roof. When installed for residential purposes, metal roofing with insulation is used. This will help to cushion the sounds of rainfall, hail, or anything else that may contact your roof.
- Are metal roofs good?
- Metal roofing is a sound investment. There are proven advantages that homeowners can see when a metal roof is installed on their home. If you want to reduce your energy bills without replacing your heating and cooling unit, a metal roof would be a good idea.
Reach Out to Validated Construction For More Metal Roofing in Your Area!
When you are ready to install metal roofing in Oklahoma City, OK, reach out to the only company with professional metal roofing experience. Validated Construction roofers are available to discuss your new roof. Call us at 877-736-2783 to learn more.