Residential Roofing Services You Need
For residential roofing, the only option you had to choose from seemed to be asphalt shingles. While there were different colors and textures to pick, there may not have always felt like a variety of options. Over the years, that has changed to include all kinds of roof materials from clay tiles to metal. Residential property owners now have all kinds of materials to choose from. The best part today, thanks in part to modern manufacturing, is that homeowners have options that vary in price to meet their budgetary needs. No matter what your finances are, you can rely on Validated Construction to provide quality options when you need a roof installation in Oklahoma City, OK. To schedule a consultation today, give us a call at 877-736-2783.
Types of Residential Roofs
There are several types of residential roofing options out there it can be hard to know what is the best for you. The number one factor that can make or break a roofing option is the price. A roof installation cost can vary greatly and a big part of that is dependent on the condition of your existing roof. That is why maintaining your roof is so important. More often than not, the immediate consideration for a residential roof are asphalt shingles, but there are so many other options out there!
- Clay Tiles: A popular option for any home are clay tiles. These can be the real thing, or they can be synthetic variations that are just as reliable but a fraction of the cost.
- Slate Tiles: Slate provides a beautiful finish to a home that can’t be replicated by any other material. And like clay tiles, they can be synthetic which helps reduce the cost.
- Metal Roofing: The option that is becoming increasingly popular for homeowners is actually metal roofing. This structure provides incredible protection and longevity.
- Asphalt Roofing: Of course, an asphalt roof installation is possibly the most common roofing system chosen. Asphalt shingles do provide protection and trusted reliability.
When you are considering a new residential roof, make sure you are working with a reliable roof installation contractor. Inexperienced roofers can make easy mistakes that could result in more problems. Validated Construction contractors are experienced will every residential roof there is. Think of it similar to when you need a fence installation in Tulsa, OK. Contact us for more information about roofing for your home.
Metal Roof Installation vs Shingles
Possibly the biggest debate when considering a new roof is choosing between a metal roof and an asphalt shingle roof. There are obvious differences and advantages just like there some not-so-obvious disadvantages of either. Asphalt is clearly a trusted roofing option since it is standard on most new homes. These shingles tend to set the standard for what we want out of a roof.
Whereas, metal roofing is newer for residential purposes which mean most homeowners don’t have a lot of information about how well it operates. That being said, a metal roofing is a very sound investment for homeowners. It is incredibly durable and long-lasting. Additionally, it requires less maintenance compared to asphalt shingles.
So when comparing the two roofing options, metal may seem expensive. That’s because the initial costs are definitely more than an asphalt roof installation. However, when comparing the long-term benefits, metal roofing can potentially save you more money since you’ll possibly be paying less for repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does a new roof add value to a home?
- Yes, a new roof will add a significant amount of value to your home. Reports show that a new asphalt shingle roof, or even a metal roof, will help your resale and property values.
- How long should a roof last?
- Most asphalt shingle roofing should last about 20-25 years, but with consistent maintenance, you can actually make your roof last up to about 30 years. Metal roofing will last upwards of 50 years or longer.
- How much does it cost to get a new roof?
- The overall cost to replace your roof will vary depending on how much of the old roof needs to be removed and repaired. Generally speaking, a new roof could cost homeowners anywhere between $1,500 and $9,000.
- How can you tell when you need a new roof?
- When you start to notice curling or buckling shingles. If you are noticing bald spots and granules in your gutters. If your roof is 20 years or older, it needs to be replaced.
- Is it cheaper to get a metal roof or shingles?
- There is a misconception that metal roofing is more expensive than shingle roofing. While initially, metal may seem more expensive, once everything is said and done, a metal roof and an asphalt shingle roof can cost about the same.
Give Validated Construction a Call for More Services and Information
Update your residential roof in style, but don’t break the bank! Contact Validated Construction to learn more about your options for a roof installation in Oklahoma City, OK. We’re available now online and at 877-736-2783.